Since 1992, Lynx Associates has taken pride in representing manufacturers to effectively penetrate the horticulture market. Our many years of sales and horticultural experience provided manufacturers with a focused representation to the commercial grower, soil blender, garden center, and other green markets. Our manufacturers realize independent representatives are more effective and therefore less costly than an in-house sales force. In 2013, we narrowed our representation down to mix and mix component producers, focusing mainly on soliciting growers and mix blenders.
Our primary territory is the Eastern United States, from New England down through the Carolina’s and over to Illinois, along with other key accounts in the rest of the country. We have developed strong relationships not only with key accounts, but also with some distributor’s and their salespeople, helping them implement programs that work for them and their customers. We have years of experience in distribution, manufacturing, and marketing. We know what tools salespeople need to get the job done. We offer suggestions to our manufacturers on brochures, price lists and programs to help product presentations produce the desired results. We are very conscientious and think of each manufacturer’s business as if it was our own.
Services We Provide
- We target key accounts and end users. Along with visits to these accounts, we encourage our Principals to distribute direct mail pieces coinciding with seasonal programs.
- When we receive qualified key sales leads, we contact the account and/or appropriate distributor salesperson and work together with them to be sure the best effort is being made to obtain an order.
- We keep a good line of communication with our customers and their sales representatives, listening and updating them on sales strategies.
- We communicate with our Principals. Lynx Associates wants to maximize the sales in the given territory. It is an ongoing process to periodically update our Principals, relaying field and competitor information to stay on the leading edge.
- We assist our Principals in trade shows to maximize the market penetration. Grower Field Days and Regional trade shows generate initial contacts that start the ball rolling. Distributor trade shows and open houses are order-writing shows, which set the pace for the upcoming season. We attend about 25 trade shows a year.
- We provide a Lynx Associates sales binder to key distributor salespeople, customized for the lines they sell. This way they think of Lynx Associates product lines on all sales presentations.